Pages

Saturday 10 May 2014

#3 of 30 Day Art Challenge

3 - WHAT INSPIRES YOU
 
I took a little while to think this one through - inspiration comes from various places, and at unexpected times. I wanted to draw people - the people I love, including my church family who inspire me greatly - but due to fear, and laziness, I settled with 'nature'.
Truly, I do get inspired by the shapes of nature [I love the Art Deco era for this reason]...
I love being surrounded by tall trees, the beautiful shades and hues in just one leaf, and I love the colours of the flowers in my garden right now - which was the inspiration for this piece...
...of which I am not very proud. It is quite rubbish.
It looked much better before I went over it in pen.
The detail and delicacy was lost - but I cracked on anyway, and then when I had finished, I turned a page and did this...
Much better!
 
I did intend to be a bit more 'free and easy' with my style today... got there in the end.
Watercolour and Pencil.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment