Pages

Wednesday 14 May 2014

#7 of 30-Day Art Challenge

7 - (A FLOWER)
I ignored today's Challenge - since I did a flower on Day 3 - and instead drew...
BIRDS!! (and anything I fancied...)
 
I started with this handsome little guy, outlining in pen and colouring in watercolour. It was really good to return to the watercolour after a few days away from it, I have missed it. I love the speed of it, the fluidity, the way you can reduce and increase the pigment, yet it seems to retain a history of what you did on the paper... all the mistakes, the changing mind...I love it!
 
 
So this ended up very neat and pretty, but a bit dull and formal. I like rules, it's just in my nature, so this is my struggle when it comes to being creative; how do I break away from doing what I think I should be doing, to trying something I feel I want to do?
 
 
I got out my Indian inks and tried colouring with those, but again I really have no idea of the rules working with inks, and without knowing the rules, I cant' experiment by breaking them!
 
So at last (despite a small detour into trying to draw people - awful failure!!) I drew another bird...
the FLAMINGO!!
 
Isn't he gorgeous? I love him!!
Pencil and water colour. Simple.
 
 
And here's a close up...
 
 
I am really quite pleased with the lines, colour, blending, shading...
Beautiful!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment