Pages

Saturday 2 August 2014

Water and blooms

So I took myself off to see Jackie Trinder's work during Open Studios, and ended up doing a painting workshop with her this week - highly recommended!
She left me to finish the piece at home - dangerous! - and I have managed to drain most of the colour from the centre of the left-hand flower trying some water effects BUT overall it's better than I suspected I could do (for a first time ever sitting to do a proper watercolour study!).
Here's my favourite section of the piece:

The dull leaves actually have a ghostly soft feel, and good shape.
 
So I had a bit of courage to do something using colours I prefer, and managed the paint, and background wash etc much better than before the workshop:

 
I'm also going to try some 'negative painting' next.
All good fun! (and the sound of cleaning my brushes while painting is very soothing and therapeutic...)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment