Pages

Wednesday 1 April 2015

Waves and Breakers

You know that piece I mentioned in my last post, the type I said will 'sit deep in the soul and simmer there for months...like a tricky friend I really care about' ?
Well, today I finished it - hoorah!
 
And I am really happy with it.
 
But it is deep... and meaningful.
 
 
('Waves and Breakers' - acrylic and spray paint)
 
Today is the start of PMDD Awareness Month.
I started this piece in January, just after I was diagnosed with PMDD myself. I am now on medication to help.
If you want to find out more, this U.S. site is great (PMDD is not so well known or commonly recognised in the UK)
 
"In my distress I called to the Lord, and he answered me.
From deep in the realm of the dead I called for help,
    and you listened to my cry.
You hurled me into the depths, into the very heart of the seas,
    and the currents swirled about me;
all your waves and breakers swept over me."
Jonah 2:1-3

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment