Pages

Sunday 18 May 2014

#11 of 30-Day Art Challenge

More experimenting today, and quite successful!!
 
Firstly, following the huge craze for 'Zentangle' ink drawings on Pinterest and Etsy, I had a go myself...
It does take a lot of time and care, but it's quite effective.
This is the beginning of a long dress on a woman.
 
Then I had a go with more watercolour, adding and blotting...
I'm really pleased with the shading, and some of the leaves look good [better in real life]
and I added some brush flicking at the end!
This is a lovely haphazard method, I enjoyed it so I had one final go at something... 
 
Houses in the rain
I'm pleased with the windows, how the white is left as an outline in some places, and I've gone denser with colour and merged round other outlines.
 
 
...so this is the nearest I've done to a book illustration:
 
 
Phew!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment