Pages

Saturday 17 May 2014

#10 of 30-Day Art Challenge

10 - 'FABRIC'
 
Well, with plenty of time today, I had no inclination to sit and draw fabric...
dull, dull, dull.
So! I played around with watercolour, practiced, watched more YouTube clips, went to an art shop, learnt about paper, learnt some new techniques...
I am still trying to find a 'look' that I love, and that I feel confident in. How do I want to draw people? How do I want to shade?
It will come, I hope...
 
I did these little guys with watercolour and pencil.
Not happy with the outline.
 
So I tried Doris with no outline.
Better...ish
 
Then I did this one with no outlines too...
I could ramp up the colour in Photoshop for intensity...
 
And finally I tried an alien on Hot Pressed paper (as opposed to Cold Pressed)
which means - I learnt - that the flatness of the paper means it will hold the water on the surface for longer, stay wetter, and allow more time to play with the colour.
This being my first attempt, it didn't really work for me.
However, I also tried my other new found technique - adding coloured pencil for a softer outline, giving a softer edge than pen or lead pencil, but still adding definition.
Now I need to look in the attic for my watercolour pencils, if I still have them!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment