Pages

Thursday 5 June 2014

#29 of 30-Day Art Challenge


More with the Tombow Brush Pens. I love them, and have just ordered more colours for my birthday! Yey!
With a day ahead of me and no real ties on my time I could have spent it all drawing/painting BUT I was very good and instead I decided to get all my jobs done first. 
 
 This challenge has made me prioritise my art more - which is great! but it means the ironing and other little jobs are left until I feel guilty about not doing that stuff SO now I have to find that balance. Now it's a case of setting time aside and making it precious, around which I do all the other 'chores'. All through this month I have found what I produce is very much affected by whether I know I need to sit and 'create' first (or else it won't get done), or knowing that with a pressing job that needs doing I should get that out of the way before working on a creative idea with a clear conscience. That will always be the balance and so with all this I need to remain self-aware.
 
(Creating time as 'precious' is something many of us are bad at - which is why a 30-Day Challenge could work for anyone in any area...reading, exercise, even ring-fencing time with their partner or kids. I certainly need to do it more in lots of areas. I wish it was as easy as writing about it!) x

No comments:

Post a Comment